We are just a few weeks away from the Laravel 7 release, so I've put together a list of some important new features and changes. Of course this is not everything but it is a brief overview of some of the new stuff.
- Add "subquery value" where statement support to the query builder
- Add Collection::sortDesc()
- Add HandleCors middleware
- Allow multiple items for Collection::push
- Change default date serialization on Models
- Custom Cast Types + Object / Value Object Casts
- Drop support for Monolog v1
- Easy Implicit Route Model Binding
- Introduce an array session handler
- Laravel Airlock package
- Multiple Mailers Per App
- New default mail/notification markdown template
- Return API Style Responses On XHR Requests To Auth Scaffodling
- Switch to Symfony 5
Please note that Laravel 5.8 will not receive security updates after February 26, 2020 and that the previous LTS version (5.5) will only receive security updates until August 30, 2020. It is time to switch to Laravel 6.0 (LTS) or beyond!